Monday, March 27, 2006

 

The Cart from Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

My obsession with Walt Disney World really began in the Fall of 2001, so I unfortunately never got the chance to see Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. I'm a big fan for dark rides, so I feel that I missed a lot. I read somewhere that after they tore down the ride the put one of the little cars from this ride on display "Town Square Exposition Hall " (p 57).

However, when my sister and I were looking for it we could not find it anywhere. We had a variety of problems. The first was that I couldn't remember exactly where it said we could find it. The second was that, having never been on the ride, we had no idea what the ride car would look like. We bounced from store to store up and down Main St, and asked a hand full of cast members. Each cast member gave us a look of bewilderment and claimed that they had no idea where a car from Mr. Toad's wild ride would be. I can only assume that they moved it out of Exposition Hall, but I plan to look again next time I'm there. In the mean time, you can still ride the original at Disneyland, read a detailed description of the WDW ride here, hit up Toad Hall in Paris, and even take a virtual wild ride.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?